Last Revised: January 25, 2016
Why we collect personal information
RWSG collects and uses your personal information primarily to process your orders to fulfill information requests, or to alert you to products or offerings that might be of interest to you. RWSG also uses personal information for data analysis or similar marketing purposes in an attempt to tailor RWSG communications to your needs. To the extent we use third parties to do so, (such as Riedell for any post-purchase customer support) such personal information will be disclosed in confidence, and with the express understanding that the use by any such third party is to advise and assist RWSG with analyses and marketing efforts.
How we use your information
RWSG will not sell any of the names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or other personal information in our databases.
RWSG collects and will use such personal information provided by you through any “Contact Us” or other inquiry made by you, by email, telephone, letter, product order, or other communication and direct contact. We may collect and use your personal and non-personal information in some or all of the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, and send you updates on your order and shipment
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- To personalize and enhance your shopping experience
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better services
- To help us improve the design and use of our Sites, products and services
- To analyze user trends, and other usage and statistics for the Sites
- To send you information and offers about products, services, promotions and contests available on the Sites (unless you have directed us not to)
- To administer and fulfill our promotions and contests
- With our service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- With our partners and others for purposes of sending their own direct mail and email, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by changing your account preferences or by contacting us
- If needed to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party
- If needed to respond to the request of law enforcement in cases where we believe disclosure is required and/or in accordance with applicable law, regulation or legal process
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
How we Collect Information
We collect information about you from direct contacts from you, including requests for product information through advertising and/or press releases, requests for information from the contact form, email links or other portions of our Sites. As part of information requests or the product/service fulfillment process, RWSG may forward your personal information to its authorized independent resellers or sales agents.
When you browse our Sites, you are able to do so anonymously. Generally, we do not automate the collection of personal information when you browse—not even your email address. Your browser, however, does automatically tell us the type of computer and operating system you are using, your internet provider, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and any referring link(s) through which you accessed our Sites.
In some of our emails to you, we use a click–through URL. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click–through to help us determine your interest in particular products or topics; to customize future communications; to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications; and to improve the design, navigability and usefulness of the Sites.
Cookies and Site Analytics
Third Party Websites
Sites are not targeted to or intended for children, and we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent.
California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
How we Protect Personal Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into RWSG (or in certain cases, Riedell) databases to be only accessed as stated above. To make purchases, it is recommended that you use an SSL-enabled browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer, for a higher level of protection for your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Exceptions and Disclaimers
Neither RWSG, nor Riedell or any of their affiliates:
- guarantee the privacy or security of any website or other electronic communication or any information transmitted electronically to or from RWSG (or Riedell). Although we take reasonable actions and steps to minimize unauthorized access or use of the Sites or any electronic communications with RWSG, you retain the general, inherent risks associated with all Internet and website use and electronic communications;
With any electronic correspondence we send, you will always have the ability to unsubscribe from future emails, by sending an email to email@example.com with the words “Opt Out” in the message’s subject line. If you feel you have received a traditional mailing by mistake or if you no longer want to receive printed and mailed information from us, scan and email the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from the database.
You can also update your customer account information and manage the way that we use and do not use your information here.
We’d love to hear from you.
Thank you for visiting our Sites. We value our relationships with you, and we invite you to let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience with the Sites.